VALORANT's newest episode, Episode 8, is set to release in a few hours. The new Episode will introduce major changes to the meta in VALORANT, featuring a new gun, agent and map changes. Here's all VALORANT Patch 8.0 notes.
All Major Notes from VALORANT Patch 8.0
- The Gun Buddy Carousel should now appear alphabetical by name.
- Introducing VALORANT’s first new weapon since launch, the Outlaw. A high impact, double-barreled sniper rifle built for do or die playmaking.
- Stay Zoomed
- 2 slugs in a magazine
- Longer reload when empty
- The Outlaw uniquely has different reload timings when its reloading from empty vs. just reloading 1 shot
- 2,400 credits
For Sonic Sensor (Q), we’re increasing the reliability of the concuss once triggered by shortening its windup time, while also increasing flexibility by allowing you to recall and redeploy it in round.
- Sonic Sensors are now recallable in round.
- Sonic Sensor’s pickup distance increased 12m >>> 27m
- Decreased time to concuss once triggered 1.0s >>> 0.5s
- Decreased time for enemies to destroy Sonic Sensor once triggered 0.65s >>> 0.5s
- Deadlock and her allies can now hear Sonic Sensor’s audio lightly when they are in its area of effect.
For Barrier Mesh (E), we increased the max length of the barrier walls to allow it to divide much larger spaces than is possible with comparable utility and make it more reliable at fully blocking chokes when deployed quickly.
- Barrier Mesh (E)
- Increased the max length Barrier Mesh walls 6m >>> 10m
- Vision radius reduced 180 degrees >>> 100 degrees
- Added a representation of the Turret’s vision cone on Killjoy’s minimap when she is placing the Turret.
- Added VFX and updated the Turret’s animations to communicate the Turret’s new vision radius.
For changes in both Icebox and Lotus, check our article taking a deep dive into both maps recent changes.
- Stage 2 - Sheriff Loadout
- Heavy Shield >>> Light Shield
- All modes (except Team Deathmatch and Custom games) will use the Competitive map rotation.
- Current rotation: Icebox, Lotus, Sunset, Breeze, Ascent, Bind, Split
Team Captain Role
- We’ve added a secondary management role to rosters called Team Captain. Team Captains can help with team management including inviting and removing team members. Captains cannot delete the team or kick the Team Owner out. Team Owners can promote and demote a Team Captain.
- You can now view standings in other divisions and for previous Stages of Premier using the drop down menus on the top left of the Standings Tab.
- You can now see which division you are seeded into before you play your first match.
- The threshold to qualify for this Stage is back to the standard 675 Premier Score.
EMEA Zone Updates
- Fixed a bug with Raw Input Buffer where swapped primary/secondary mouse keys in Windows mouse settings was not being respected.
Read all patch notes in details here.
Tune in to @ValorantTracker on Twitter for the latest VALORANT News and Guides.
If you're new to VALORANT Tracker, check out your player statistics, ranked and premier leaderboards, and much more on our site!
Before you leave, check out our Valorant Tracker APP to monitor your in-game performance.