The sixth season of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Warzone will be bringing Dark Ritual Operators as well as the famed anti-hero created by famed comic book creator Todd Macfarlane, Spawn. Undead squad hunts are underway as The Haunting returns and the hellmouth opens once again, infected Al Mazrah and Vondel.
The story goes that the Dark Ritual Operators have opened the portal to hell, bringing forth unfathomable monsters to the mortal realm. As a result, all Operators much prepare for Operation Nightmare which is set to begin midseason just in time for spooky season on October 17. The following are some things you'll want to expect from this return:
- Operation Nightmare is a GO: Coming at mid-season, investigate eldritch anomalies across the map, and face a host of monstrous targets as you gradually clear a Bounty board of otherworldly terrors!
- Welcome to Vondead: A demonic incantation unleashed an uncontained zombie outbreak across Vondel. The undead have ravaged the streets under a bloodred moon. Shocking secrets are waiting to be discovered!
- Zombie Royale is back for both maps: Tear into this infamous limited-time mode at mid-season, with all-new innovations but the same chaotic premise — return to battle as a fast-moving Zombie. Survive, or get eaten!
- Lockdown returns, otherworldly loot, and events: Head to Vondel for more Lockdown action, gather Souls for in-game rewards, and prepare for plenty of jump scares, eldritch equipment, and much more.
The mission parameters of Operation Nightmare involve entities that have been detected throughout the AU. The chaos marks most of the message as redacted, with only the important, nefarious terms being the most prominent.
Also mid-season, Vondel will become Vondead, read with blood and of the Blood Moon in the sky. The Graveyard of the Witch and The Altars of the butcher will also bring new events and activities to the fray. To get the most of what was announced, the entirety of the announcement is laid out in detail on the official Call of Duty website. We did outline a general overview of the season as well as what is included in the Battle Pass:
- Gear up with new weapons. There’s no horror too great when you’ve got these weapons in hand. Take on enemies with a new Assault Rifle, SMG, a Melee weapon, and a Chainsaw last used on Phobos…
- BlackCell introduces V4L3RIA. The latest in robotics is ready for deployment as V4L3RIA arrives to lead the BlackCell offering, along with her Tactical Pet named Megabyte.
- Spawn headlines the Battle Pass. The multiple forms of antihero Spawn headline the Season 06 Battle Pass, featuring additional Spawn Operator Skins alongside other monsters and maniacs arriving straight from the underworld.
- Open the Gates of Hell. The Gates of Hell have sprung open to reveal... the first glimpse of Season 06’s Halloween-themed Bundles and Operators!
Stay tuned to @CODTracker on Twitter for full Call of Duty coverage, including the latest Warzone news.
If you're new to Call of Duty Tracker, you should know that we also offer free services such as player statistics, leaderboards, and a cosmetics database. Consider checking us out and let us know on Twitter what you'd like to see next!